Friday, June 17, 2011

Half Broke Horses



by Jeannette Walls

It took me a while to get into the story of Lily Casey, but once I did I learned to love her. She was absolutely determined and strong willed - everything a woman wasn't supposed to be during those times. I found her resourcefullness and desire to learn addictive. I found myself cheering for her. Ms. Walls writes this story in a way that captures the essence of her grandmother's spirit, I only wish I had the talent to orchestrate such a beautiful tribute to my own grandmother's legacy. I was completely satisfied with the unfolding of this novel and look forward to reading Ms. Walls previous novel, The Glass Castle.

The book is divided into sections that contain very short snippets. It reads quickly and is easy to put down and pick up to fit in a few pages here and there. I also enjoyed the inclusion of Ms. Walls old family photographs. It made Lily and her family all the more real and inspirational. I give this book a buy for a great summer read.

No comments:

Post a Comment